How to cut weight and get shredded
By Michael Branin
So, you are over weight and your want to cut those extra pounds while getting gaining strength here is how you do it.
1. Hybrid Training: Similar to crossfit but not the same. Most people like to train for one specific goal every month. Hybrid training trains everything once or twice a week. Allowing you to improve across the board in strength, power, and endurance.
2. Do long slow cardio: I know, I know I just talked about how HIIT is the best yesterday but slow cardio is also good, keeping your heart rate between 120 and 140 BPM for an extended amount of time can be beneficial. Just don’t go beyond that thresh hold, that’s how you destroy gains when running for an extended amount of time.
3. Don’t fear food: Instead of cutting calories, up your calories so you have the energy to train. It’s more about what you eat not how much you eat. Try to ensure the amount of calories you are taking in in less than the amount of calories you burn throughout a day.
4. Time your meals: Try to spread your calories between 5 meals a day, I know that’s not always do able but make it at least 3 meals a day. Try to have two meals right before and right after your workout. Then breakfast, lunch, and dinner as usual.
5. Be Patient: Fitness is a marathon not a sprint, and some times you will have bad days. Staying the course is key to any goal in life not just fitness. If you ever fall off the train which we all do, just hop back on.